I would like to begin by wishing everyone a Happy New Year and it is my sincere wish that 2021 will be substantially better than 2020.
Following on from my letter at the end of last term, we have now finalised our plans for the introduction of our hybrid programme from Sunday 17th January and these are outlined below. It should also be noted that to ensure the safety of the staff and students, we have decided to stagger the start of this programme.
Additional information concerning attendance protocols and the format of the hybrid programme will be sent by Mr Darren (Head of Primary) and Mr Paul (Head of Secondary) later this week.
- On Sunday 17th January 2021, the following groups should return to school:
Primary Kindy (KG) Year 6
Secondary Year 10 Year 12 Year 13
The Year 13 mocks will run from January 31st until the February 10th.
- On Sunday 24th January 2021, the following groups should return to school:
Primary Year 1 Year 2
Secondary Year 8 Year 9
- On Sunday 31st January 2021, the following groups should return to school:
Primary Year 3 Year 4 Year 5
Secondary Year 7
- Year 11 will return to lessons upon the completion of their mock examinations.
- If you have decided that you would prefer your son/daughter to continue with on-line learning, they should still attend all the live lessons via Firefly/Teams, as per their timetable. All the necessary resources will be uploaded onto Firefly. Parents are also requested to return the signed waiver to the Head of Primary or Head of Secondary, as we are required to forward this information to the Ministry of Education.
I would also like to inform parents that in the coming weeks, we will be further expanding our Firefly portal to allow you even greater access to information regarding your children’s education. This will include a downloadable App, that will provide numerous functions including the ability to contact your children’s teachers, receive important information and book appointments for teacher/parent conferences to name but a few.
Should you have any questions concerning the above, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Dr. Glenn Canterford