As we move into our 42nd year, we are looking to appoint experienced teachers to join our team of outstanding teachers.
The Sultan’s School was established, under the sponsorship of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos, in 1977 and is regarded as one of the leading educational institutes in the Sultanate and is well regarded throughout the Middle East.
In May 2018, the school was granted full accreditation by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and we are using the report and recommendations to further develop the school, including a review of our strategic vision.
The Sultan’s School is located in Seeb, a suburb of Muscat, and is located about 15 minutes from the new international airport. The campus is 220 acres (approximately 90 hectares) making it one of the largest school campuses in the world.
As part of our continued drive for excellence we have made considerable investments in updating our campus. This includes:
- The complete refurbishment and expansion of our library which has resulted in it becoming a focus for teaching and learning for the whole school.
- The development of a specialist learning centre for our IB diploma students. Our students have undoubtedly benefitted from this new resource as our 2017 and 2018 IB results were the best in the school’s history with pass rates of 95% and 96% respectively.
- The complete refurbishment of six primary classrooms
- Additional on-site teacher accommodation. All our internationally recruited staff live on campus and in December 2017, we added four, three bedroom town houses. Additional accommodation is planned, together with upgrades to our existing villas and apartments
- An additional eight primary classrooms were completely refurbished.
- Fibre optic Wi-Fi was installed throughout the campus, which has allowed us to explore new avenues of teaching and learning.
- The construction of a new boarding house began, which should be ready for August 2019. This will provide outstanding accommodation for up to 100 boarders.
- The Open Minds Centre (home of the secondary humanities department) was completely refurbished.
- The construction of an Olympic standard running track began in August and should be ready for January 2019
- In early 2019, our kitchen and dining facilities will undergo a complete refurbishment and expansion. The original kitchen/dining area was designed for 400 students and our current enrolment is 1150. The new facility should be ready for August 2019.
- The swimming pool will have a complete refurbishment that will include a complete cover. This will allow the pool to be used all year round.
- The development of a specialist STEM/STEAM centre. Although this project is still in the development stage, we hope to build a state-of-the-art STEM/STEAM centre in the near future. The school’s management and Board are presently working with a team of architects on the design of this centre.
Come Join Us!
If you would like to join our team, please send a CV (max 2 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), together with a recent photo, as a SINGLE PDF document to the Principal (Dr. Glenn Canterford) at email@example.com (make sure you have two ‘s’ in the email address)