As we move into our 44th year, we are looking to appoint experienced teachers to join our team of outstanding educators.
The Sultan’s School was established, under the sponsorship of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos, in 1977 and is regarded as one of the leading educational institutes in the Sultanate and is well regarded throughout the Middle East.
In May 2018, the school was granted full accreditation by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and we are using the report and recommendations to further develop the school, including a review of our strategic vision.
The Sultan’s School is located in Seeb, a suburb of Muscat, and is located about 15 minutes from the new international airport. The campus is 220 acres (approximately 90 hectares) making it one of the largest school campuses in the world.
As part of our continued drive for excellence we have made considerable investments in updating our campus. This includes:
- The complete refurbishment and expansion of our library which has resulted in it becoming a focus for teaching and learning for the whole school.
- The development of a specialist learning centre for our IB diploma students. Our students have undoubtedly benefitted from this new resource as our IB results over the last three years have been exceptional with pass rates of 95% (2017), 96% (2018) and 100% (2019).
- The complete refurbishment of six primary classrooms
- Additional on-site teacher accommodation. All our internationally recruited staff live on campus and in December 2017, we added four, three bedroom town houses. Additional accommodation is planned, together with upgrades to our existing villas and apartments.
- An additional eight primary classrooms were completely refurbished.
- Fibre optic Wi-Fi was installed throughout the campus, which has allowed us to explore new avenues of teaching and learning.
- The construction of a new boarding house began, which opened in late 2019. This will provide outstanding accommodation for up to 100 boarders.
- The Open Minds Centre (home of the secondary humanities department) was completely refurbished.
- The construction of an Olympic standard running track began in August and was completed in January 2019.
- The swimming pool was completely refurbished and a roof was fitted. This will allow the pool to be used all year.
- A number of secondary classrooms were refurbished.
- The Upper Primary Art room was refurbished and expanded.
- The kitchen and dining facilities have been expanded and refurbished. The original kitchen/dining area was designed for 400 students and does not cater for our current enrolment of 1150.
- All interactive whiteboards have been replaced with interactive televisions.
Despite the pandemic, we have continued to move forward with campus development, albeit at a slightly slower pace!
- The new boarding house underwent further upgrades to enhance and increase the number of toilets and showers.
- Construction on a new two-story school shop started. This is due to be completed by February 2021.
- To complement our running track, a 1300 seat stadium has been constructed.
- The construction of a plant/tree nursery.
- The development of a specialist STEAM centre. We have now been working on this development for about 2 years and the project has now gone to tender. We hope construction can start early next year. Once complete, the STEAM centre will be able to host Music, Design Technology, CAD, Film Studies and Visual Arts. It will also have 12 fully interactive science labs
Come Join Us!
If you would like to join our team, please send a CV (max 2 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), together with a recent photo, as a SINGLE PDF document to the Principal (Dr. Glenn Canterford) at email@example.com (make sure you have two ‘s’ in the email address)