Following on from the announcement by the Supreme Committee yesterday, on Sunday 1st November we will welcome students back on campus for the first time since March and will commence our Hybrid Learning Programme.
Needless to say we are extremely excited to be returning to some form of normality, but we are also acutely aware that the current pandemic is still causing concerns across Oman, the region and the world. To this end, I want to assure parents that we have followed the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Ministry of Health (MOH) to ensure the campus is a safe place for students and staff.
In my letter of Thursday 8th October, I included some additional information about our Health and Safety Guidelines and our Academic Programmes for SY20-21, which can still be found on the website.
In addition to this information, I would be extremely grateful if you would take note of the following important points:
- To comply with MOE and MOH regulations, our Hybrid Programme will operate on a two week (1 week in school and 1 week at home) timetable for the majority of year groups. The exceptions to this are:
- Kindy (KG). Details relating to the start of KG programme will be published early next week, as we have only just received the appropriate guidelines from the MOE.
- Year 6. Given that we have six classrooms in operation for Year 6 we are able to operate to full capacity within the stated MOE/MOH guidelines. This means Year 6 will be in school every day.
- Year 11 and Year 13. Both of these year groups will be in school every day.
- Boarders/Scholars. To ensure the boarding house meets the required health and safety standards, we are delaying their return to campus until Sunday 15th During these two weeks, we will continue to provide all our scholars with e-learning through Firefly.
- For all other year groups, we have constructed the two-week timetable in such a way as to allow all the children from the same family to be in school at the same time. Details of which week your son/daughter should attend will be sent via Firefly. Please note that we will start on Sunday 1st November with the students allocated to Week 2. The reason for this is that it will allow for the smooth continuation of the Primary timetable.
- Please note that unless you have informed the school otherwise, we are assuming that your child/children will be attending classes once we reopen.
- Facemasks are mandatory for all students from Year 5 to Year 13. However, we strongly recommend that all students wear masks during the school day. Please note that all facemasks should be plain in colour.
- All students must bring the equipment (pens, rulers etc) they are going to need for the day, as there will be no sharing of materials/equipment. It should also be noted that students will not be allowed to use the lockers for the foreseeable future.
- Whenever possible all assessments will be conducted on-line.
- Students will be required to bring a snack/packed lunch for the remainder of term 1.
- Access to school will start from 7:30am. No entry will be allowed prior to this time. It should also be noted that the gates will be closed at 8:10am and no students will be allowed to enter after this time. At the end of the day, vehicles will be allowed to enter the campus from 1:30pm
- In line with MOE/MOH guidelines, parents, nannies and drivers will not be allowed into the ‘Education Zone’ of the school for any reason.
- Please note that for the remainder of this term, we will be running an amended timetable for Primary and Secondary, that can be found below:
|Primary Timetable||Secondary Timetable|
|Registration||0800 – 0815||Registration||0800 – 0815|
|1||0815 – 0915||1||0815 – 0850|
|2||0850 – 0925|
|Break||0915 – 0945||Break||0925 – 0940|
|2||0945 – 1045||3||0940 – 1015|
|4||1015 – 1050|
|Lunch Break||1045 – 1125||5||1050 – 1125|
|3||1125 – 1225||6||1125 – 1200||Lunch break for Years 7 to 9 and Year 12|
|7||1200 – 1235||Lunch break for Years 10, 11 and 13|
|Break||1225 – 1245||8||1235 – 1310|
|4||1245 – 1345||9||1310 – 1345|
|10||1345 – 1420||IB Classes Only|
It should be noted that even though Primary and Secondary are running a slightly different timetable, all students (with the exception of IB classes) finish at 1345.
If you have any questions concerning the above, or anything relating to the present situation, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Dr Glenn Canterford Mr Darren Sibley Mr Paul Toomer
Principal Head of Primary Head of Secondary